DirectionsNOTE: Read all the steps before proceeding.
1) Combine heavy cream and vanilla bean paste in a bowl and set aside.
2) In a heavy saucepan, combine water, sugar, light corn syrup, cream of tartar, and salt on medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and starts to boil.
3) Once the sugar/water begins boiling, place the candy thermometer in and stop stirring.
4) When the liquid reach 295 degrees (F), take off the heat and let it rise to 300 degrees (F).
5) Let the mixture sit until the bubbling slows down, then whisk in the cream/vanilla bean paste from Step 1 (We highly recommend wearing a hand mitt while whisking as the sugar is very hot and does bubble up).