Frosted Vainilla Almonds
2 egg whites, at room temperature
2 tablespoons vanilla
4 cups unblanched almonds
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites till frothy. Mix in vanilla, then toss in almonds. Stir gently to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon. Add to nuts and gently toss to cover almonds.
- Spread evenly into two foil covered sheet pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container.
- stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.