300 G STRAWBERRIES
1 LITRE WHOLE MILK
200 G ROUND RICE
90 G CASTER SUGAR + 6 TEASPOONS POWDERED SUGAR FOR THE STRAWBERRIES
1 PACKET VANILLA SUGAR
1 VANILLA BEAN POD
6 SMALL SPRIGS ROSEMARY
- Pour the rice into a pot filled with water and boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pot with a vanilla bean pod sliced lengthwise.
- Remove the vanilla, add the rice and cook for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring from time to time. Pour the caster sugar and the vanilla sugar in and cook for 5 more minutes. Leave to cool.
- Divide the rice pudding into round ring moulds. Place in the fridge.
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Before serving, remove the rings from the rice pudding. Decorate the surface with strawberries. Sprinkle with sugar and decorate with a sprig of rosemary.
19 Chocolate hazelnut tart
FOR THE SHORTCRUST PASTRY:
150 G BUTTER
250 G FLOUR
100 G ICING SUGAR
1 VANILLA BEAN POD
1 PINCH SALT
FOR THE FILLING:
200 G MILK CHOCOLATE
100 G WHOLE HAZELNUITS
15 CL WHIPPING CREAM
10 G BUTTER + 30G SOFTENED BUTTER
Sprinkle chicken all over with salt at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day ahead (chill, covered, if more than 30 minutes).
Put ground saffron in a small bowl along with 2 tablespoons hot (not boiling) water and the rose water, if using. Stir to combine then let steep 5 minutes.
Heat a 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add oil, then arrange onion slices in a single layer; sprinkle with a little sea salt. Scatter garlic over onions. Place chicken thighs on top in one layer if possible (a little overlap is fine as they’ll shrink as they cook). Sprinkle with pepper, then lemon juice, then saffron water. If any saffron remains in bowl, add a bit of hot water, swirl and add to chicken.
Bring to a simmer, partially cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, turning a few times to coat in juices, until cooked through, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Lift cooked chicken to a cutting board. Holding each thigh steady with tongs or your fingers, cut meat off bone into bite-sized pieces. Meanwhile add broth or wine to to pan juices and reduce in pan over high heat to about 3/4 cup. Add vanilla and stir well. Return chicken to sauce and set aside, covered, until ready to use.