Papantla Vanilla Ice Cream
- 750 ml of whole milk
- 250 g of fresh whipping cream
- 3 vanilla beans
- 7 egg yolks
- 110 g sugar
- 50 g glucose
- Prepare 2 days in advance
- Open the vanilla beans lengthwise with a sharp knife and with the tip of it, scrape the inside of the pods to separate the seeds .
- Mix the milk, cream and the seeds of the vanilla pods, leave this mixture to marinate overnight in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
- Put the vanilla-scented mixture in a medium saucepan, add the egg yolks, sugar and glucose and mix with a hand mixer.
- Heat the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 50°C. Then remove from heat and let stand a few minutes to enhance the aroma of vanilla.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice.
- Return the pot to the stove and cook until the temperature reaches 82° C. Pass the mixture through a fine strainer and place the mixture in another bowl. Then place the bowl inside the previously prepared large bowl with cold water and ice to cool quickly. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions and keep in a covered container in the freezer at -18° C.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.