Homemade Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream
March 31, 2016
- 2 cans full-fat organic coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the cans of coconut milk on a stable shelf overnight.
- When ready, open the can and scoop the full-fat, thick white layer off of the top half of the can and into a high speed blender or food processor. Save the clearish liquid at the bottom to use in smoothies, oatmeal, or anything else that requires a milk substitute.
- Add the strawberries, sweetener, and vanilla to the blender and start to blend, slowly at first, faster as the strawberries break down.
- Blend it all together about 1 minute, or until all the ingredients are completely combined in a soft-serve texture.
- Scoop the mixture into a medium sized mixing bowl or loaf pan and toss it in the freezer for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
When ready to eat, let sit on the counter for 5-10 to soften up enough for serving. Scoop out into bowls, indulge and share with your loved ones!
Makes about 4 servings.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.