2 PUFF PASTRY DOUGH, READY-TO-USE
130 G SUGAR
2 PACKETS VANILLA SUGAR
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut into a rectangle, sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Roll each dough on both sides inwards until the two rolls meet in the center.
2 TABLESPOONS CASTER SUGAR
1 TABLESPOON CORN SYRUP
1 PINCH SEA SALT
- Prepare the shortcrust pastry: in a bowl, work the butter into a paste. Split the vanilla pod and scrap the seeds. Place the seeds with the butter. Add the icing sugar and whisk with a mixer to obtain a creamy texture. Incorporate the egg, flour and salt.
- Mix the dough without over-kneading. Form a ball and wrap in cling film. Place in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C (th 6). Roll out the dough into the mould and prick with a fork. Cover with parchment paper and place dried beans. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the dried beans and the paper and cook for 5 more minutes. Leave to cool.
- Prepare the filling: toast the hazelnuts in a pan for 5 minutes over low heat with 10 g of butter and sea salt. Sprinkle caster sugar and caramelise for 1 to 2 minutes. Leave to cool and chop coarsely.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- In a pan, bring the whipping cream to a boil and add the corn syrup. Pour the mixture onto the melted
chocolate and mix quickly with a spatula to obtain a shiny ganache. Incorporate the softened butter.
- Place the hazelnuts at the base of the tart shell and cover with ganache. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove the tart 30 minutes before serving.