Chocolate & vanilla marble cake
250 grams Butter (at room temp)
2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Buttermilk
2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Milk
200 grams Pure Chocolate (Bittersweet) or Semi Sweet Chocolate
- In a large bowl add butter, sugar and eggs and mix until combined. (my hand mixer stopped working during this process so I had to start over. I just added all the ingredients together and beat by hand).. In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk. Add the Vanilla extract, buttermilk, milk into the butter and sugar mixture and continue to beat until smooth. Start adding the dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture, and continue to beat until it has be.
- I used pure chocolate for this cake
- I popped it into the microwave for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Separate the batter into two parts…add one part into the chocolate and mix.
- In a buttered bundt pan or tin pan, start by adding one part chocolate, then one part vanilla..Then on top of the vanilla batter top with chocolate batter, so basically you are alternating the batters.
- Use a knife or a skewer and just swirl around so both chocolate and vanilla batter combine, but not to much but just enough as shown in the picture above…and that’s it.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour or depending on your oven….once baked let it cool off completely and turn over on a cake platter or dish and enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.