Vanilla Eggnog "Rompope"
February 25, 2016
- 1 liter of milk
- 250 g of white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 clove
- 1 pinch of cardamom
- 5 cm cinnamon stick
- 5cm fresh ginger
- 12 egg yolks
- ½ cup rum
- Put the milk, half of the sugar, the vanilla bean open in half, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger in a saucepan over high heat.
Bring it to a boil and then lower the flame to a simmer. Stir constantly until it has reduced down to be about ¼ of its original volume. Remove from heat and cover.
- Beat the yolks with the remaining sugar until they are at the ribbon stage. Very gradually, in a thin stream, pour the milk mixture over the egg yolks while beating them to temper them. Transfer the mixture to the saucepan.
Put the saucepan over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of a wooden spoon (or when it is at 83 ° C using a thermometer.)
- Strain the mixture and allow to cool.
- Add the rum and pour into a clean bottle.
- You can serve this cold or frappe it.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.