- Three chillies Oil
- 2 guajillo chillies, seeded, stem and white inner ribbing removed
- 2 pasilla chillies, seeded, stem and white inner ribbing removed
- 2 ancho chillies, seeded, stem and white inner ribbing removed
- 1 cup corn or safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
- 1 kg meaty pork rib cut into three or six inch pieces
Preparation of three chilies oil
- In a medium sauce pan heat oil until it is about to reach the smoke point. Add chillies and sauté lightly. Then remove chillies from the pan and let them cool separately.
- After oil has slightly cooled, add the natural vanilla extract and salt.
- Once the chillies and oil have cooled, place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture and put aside.
Preparation of the ribs
Salt and pepper ribs to taste and then marinate in the chilli oil overnight in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator, or at least 1 hour.