For the vanilla oil infusion
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup olive oil
For honey balsamic
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
For the salad
- 1 medium watermelon
- ¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup fried parsley
- ¾ cup roasted and shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup diced ham
- 2 cups mixed greens
Vanilla oil infusion
Preparation of honey balsamic
- Open the vanilla bean lengthwise with a sharp knife and scrape the inside of the pod to remove the seeds.
- Pour the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the vanilla pod seeds. Place over low heat and bring it to a boil and then remove from heat. Remove the pod and reserve the oil.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat until the liquid evaporates and takes on the consistency of honey. Do it in well ventilated place because it gives off a strong aroma. You can substitute honey for aged balsamic vinegar.
- Cut watermelon into 1 ½ cm thick slices and in the shape of rectangles.
Top each watermelon rectangle with a thin layer of cheese and place on serving plates. Sprinkle each rectangle with the fried parsley, pistachios, chives and pepper. Then arrange the ham cubes on top of the watermelon slices.
- Place the salad greens in a blow and toss with the infused vanilla oil. Place a mount atop each watermelon slice.
Drizzle the honey balsamic over slices of watermelon. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.