Vainilla Bean Dutch Baby
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- seeds from one vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup hulled and quartered fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1/2 recipe whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 10" oven-safe skillet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, scrapings from the vanilla bean and vanilla extract. Blend in the flour and baking powder. Whisk for a full minute.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes, until the Dutch baby is puffed and golden.
- While the pancake bakes, prepare the strawberries. In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries, granulated sugar and Grand Marnier. Set aside.
- Prepare Whipped cream.
- Cut into slices and serve topped with strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.