- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder*
- 3 large eggs*
- 1 cupbuttermilk
- ½ cup butter*, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange* peel, finely shredded
- ½ orange*, juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pie crust,your favorite
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees
- In small bowl, combine sugar and arrowroot; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs,buttermilk, butter, shedded orange peel, orange juice, and vanilla extract. While mixing, add sugar mixture.
- Make pie crust and fit into 9 inch pie plate. You can prebake for 8 minutes but it is not necessary. Add pie filling, bake for approximately 45 minutes until almost set. Remove from oven and cool for approximately 1 hour before serving.