- 4 white fish fillets (such as cod, haddock, or sea bass), about 6 ounces each
- 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs of fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Villa Vainilla pod, split lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 pieces of parchment paper, large enough to wrap the fish parcels
Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Prepare the fish parcels: Take each piece of parchment paper and fold it in half. Place a fish fillet on one side of the folded parchment paper.
Season the fish: Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the vegetables: Divide the sliced leeks and fennel evenly among the fish fillets, placing them on top of the fish.
Add the vanilla and butter: Place a split Villa Vainilla pod on top of each fish fillet and add 1 tablespoon of butter on top. Sprinkle the chopped chives over the fish and vegetables.
Fold and seal the parcels: Fold the other half of the parchment paper over the fish and vegetables to cover them completely. Starting at one end, fold and crimp the edges tightly to seal the parcels.
Bake the parcels: Place the sealed parcels on a baking sheet and transfer them to the preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Serve: Carefully open the parchment paper parcels and transfer the fish and vegetables to serving plates. Discard the Villa Vainilla pods. Serve the fish hot, garnished with additional chopped chives if desired.
Enjoy: Enjoy the delicate flavors of the Fish in Paper Parcels with Leeks, Fennel, Chives, and Vanilla!
This dish is not only delicious but also visually appealing when presented at the table in the parchment paper parcels. It's a wonderful way to enjoy fish with a unique combination of flavors.