Cinnamon walnut bread
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar, divided
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
11 tablespoons milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup shortening, melted
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a standard-size loaf pan (9¼" x 5¼" x 2¾").
- Combine the melted butter, walnuts, cinnamon and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar, flour, salt and baking soda.
- Place the apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup and fill with the milk to the 1-cup mark (equivalent to 11 tablespoons).
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the vinegar-milk mixture. Gradually add the melted shortening, then add the entire mixture to the dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Give the walnut-cinnamon mixture a stir, then fold it into the batter, swirling it through, but not combining completely.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a rack.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.