Australian Vanilla Slices
September 22, 2017
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
600ml carton thickened cream
100g packet instant vanilla pudding mix
1/4 cup icing sugar, plus 2 teaspoons extra for dusting
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to very hot, 220 degrees C. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Place 1 pastry sheet onto each tray and prick with a fork.
- Score 1 sheet into 4cm squares.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Press down slightly to flatten. Cool.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixter, beat together cream, pudding mix, icing sugar and vanilla extract for 3-4 mintues, until thick and creamy.
- Spread mixture onto plain sheet of pastry, top with scored pastry sheet. Dust with extra icing sugar.
- Serve cut into 8cm squares.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.