Asian-Inspired Honey-Vanilla Chicken
January 08, 2019
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon garlic poder
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cut into strips
- Stir together soy sauce, orange juice, hot pepper sauce, vanilla, brown sugar, and honey until dissolved. Season with minced garlic, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Whisk in sesame oil and vegetable oil until combined.
- Toss chicken with marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Adjust oven rack to its top position, and turn oven on to Broil.
- Place chicken into a baking dish or baking sheet. Broil until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken over, and continue broiling until no longer pink, about 5 minutes more.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.