Bruschetta with roasted pineapple, vanilla and vintage mustard
Ingredients for the bruschetta
- 1 baguette halved and cut into 16 slices of 2 cm each
- 1 fresh pineapple
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pineapple blended in a blender
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
Preparation of the bruschetta
- Light a gas or charcoal grill.
- Peel the pineapple, cut into 1 cm thick slices the same length and width as the bread slices.
- Lightly coat the bread slices with olive oil. Brown the bread on the grill until you see grill marks on the slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Clean off the grill with a dry cloth soaked in oil. Grill both sides of the pineapple slices until they are marked with grill lines. Remove from grill and get ready to assemble bruschetta.
Preparation of dressing
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.