1 vanilla bean
2 cups whole milk
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
3 chopped green tomatoes
¾ cup water
1 Serrano chili, seeded and chopped
1 avocado, cubed
salt to taste
Juice of ½ lemon
Preparation of the soup
- Open the vanilla bean lengthwise with a sharp knife and, with the tip of it; scrape the inside of the pod to remove the seeds.
- Simmer the milk in a saucepan with the garlic cloves , vanilla bean and its seeds for 8 minutes or until the garlic is soft . Remove the vanilla pod.
- Bring to a simmer in another pot the tomatoes, ¾ cup water and Serrano chili. Let simmer until the tomatoes are soft.
- Blend in a blender tomatoes and chili with avocado and milk mixture until smooth and creamy. If necessary add more water to achieve the right consistency (you can use the water from the tomatoes and chili.)
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.